1- Orange (Crush Bandicoots) 5-1
2- Blue (Blueballers) 4-2
3- Purple (Purple Haze) 2-4
4- Red (Forever Red Power Rangers) 1-5
The real winners, though, are EVERYONE BECAUSE IT WAS AWESOME.
Notable PQL things:
- Phill Willis scored two goals for the blueballers (1 vs orange in group stage, 1 vs red in semifinals.) He also played every position (chaser, beater, seeker, keeper, AND snitch!)
- Jonah had an ankle injury after 2 games and unfortunately had to sit out the rest of the tournament.
- Calico showed exceptional skills at beating, including a beat on Orange seeker Stew Driflot as he was making a would-be-grab. He also tried his hand at chasing in the 3rd place game (deemed a funnies game by Red Team)
- Jess contributed to the champion team’s chaser corps in a number of ways, particularly strong defensive play, including a great tackle on PQL president/red team chaser Dangersquirrel.
- Dangersquirrel was all over the field as a chaser for red team, making several cool assists, breaking a lot of tackles, having at least three almost-goals (one of which involved a very close beat-before-the-shot call) before finally breaking loose and running 45 yards, also dodging a long beat, before driving the shot home for a score. That goal kicked off a Red resurgence to pull within snitch range against Blue in the semifinals after being down by 70 at the snitch release. Blue caught the snitch and won but that was such a cool game.
Thanks so much to Nicole Jackson, Lauren Blenn, Kym Couch, Molly Bocian, Sarah Bollard, Gilberto Ortiz, and everyone else who made this tournament happen, helped make it possible for our Portland players to attend, and made it super awesome, and also to everyone who attended and helps make Northwest Quidditch great.
I want to follow all the quidditch players.
<3 quove to all the quidkids.